McCarthy Supports California’s SBA Disaster Request
Yesterday, Congressman Kevin McCarthy sent a letter to U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Acting Administrator Chris Pilkerton in support of the State of California and the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services’ (Cal OES) request for the SBA to declare Kern County and San Bernardino County a disaster area following the July earthquakes in Ridgecrest, California. Congressman Kevin McCarthy issued the following statement:
“I strongly support this request from Governor Newsom and Director Ghilarducci for SBA to declare both Kern and San Bernardino Counties a disaster area following the July earthquakes,” said Congressman McCarthy. “This designation will make homeowners and businesses eligible for assistance to help repair physical damage to homes or businesses, as well as allow entrepreneurs to apply for assistance to help mitigate impacts from lost business in the region. I call on SBA Acting Administrator Chris Pilkerton to expeditiously approve the State of California’s request.”
- On July 4th and July 5th, two large earthquakes hit Ridgecrest, California, and since then, more than 1,400 aftershocks have occurred.
- The SBA Office of Disaster Assistance provides assistance to regions deemed by the Administrator as a disaster area following a natural disaster.
- Once a disaster by SBA is declared, that makes the area eligible for:
- Home and Personal Property Disaster Loans;
- Business Physical Disaster Loans; and,
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- More information about SBA Office of Disaster Assistance programs can be accessed here.
- A copy of Congressman McCarthy’s letter can be viewed here.