Congressman McCarthy Supports Immediate Energy Action
Washington D.C. - Today, Congressman McCarthy released the following statement highlighting his efforts to move forward with an environmentally friendly comprehensive plan that includes deep ocean energy exploration, increased production of alternative energy sources, and action to drill now:
“As we are paying close to five dollars a gallon for gas, it is time to stop the partisan rhetoric and move forward with solutions to achieve energy independence and lower gas prices. The gas pump does not discriminate between Republicans and Democrats – we all pay more for gas. Instead of walking away from solutions and pleading with Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and other OPEC oil countries to sell us more oil, we should instead move forward with solutions that can lower gas prices by increasing production of American energy. That is why I have co-sponsored legislation that increases production of American energy by lifting the ban on deep ocean energy exploration, increasing production of renewable energy sources, and taking action to drill now—all in an environmentally respectful manner – to help secure America.”
Congressman McCarthy is a cosponsor of the following American energy production bills:
- H.R. 5984 – Clean Energy Tax Stimulus Act of 2008, which incentivizes American energy production in the short-term by extending various renewable energy and energy efficiency tax credits.
- H.R. 6133 – A bill that would extend the renewable energy Production Tax Credit, the solar energy and fuel cell investment tax credit, and several other energy efficiency tax credits over the long-term, which incentivizes renewable American energy production.
- H.R. 197 - A bill that would extend the renewable energy Production Tax Credit for 5-years to incentivize renewable energy production.
- H .R. 1924 - A bill that would provide all renewable resources equality under the renewable energy Production Tax Credit, which incentivizes productions of all forms of renewable American energy.
- H.R. 6138 – A bill that would lift the ban on American energy production of oil shale.
- H.R. 6107 – American Energy Independence and Price Reduction Act, which allows for increased energy production and exploration in ANWR in an environmentally responsible manner.
- H.R. 6108 – Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act of 2008, which allows for deep ocean energy exploration of American oil, while respecting states’ rights.
- H.R. 2784 - National Environment and Energy Development Act, which allows for deep ocean exploration of American natural gas, while respecting states' rights.
- H.R. 2279 – A bill that would allow closed military installations to be used for refineries to help increase energy supply.
- H.R. 2927 - A bill that would increase energy efficiency by raising CAFE standards for cars and SUVs to over 30 miles per gallon.