Welcome Tulare County
Thank you for the opportunity to represent California’s 23rd Congressional District. It is an honor and a privilege to serve as your Congressman.
Recently, I conducted a live town hall meeting over the phone to hear from you and your neighbors about issues facing Tulare and more broadly our nation. I appreciate everyone who was able to join our call – we had over 2,500 people join in our discussion. If you were unable to participate, I hope you will be able to join the conversation next time.
I want to take this opportunity to share with you how my office can be a helpful resource to you and how you can reach me to share your ideas, comments and concerns. Hearing from you better helps me continue to fight on behalf of the Central Valley in Washington for our shared values and beliefs, and smart policies that promote fiscal responsibility, job creation, and a strong America for generations to come.
Help With Federal Agencies
My office is ready to assist any constituents who are encountering a problem with a federal agency, including Medicare, Social Security and the IRS. We can help get the status of pending cases and expedite answers to your questions.
- Learn more at: KevinMcCarthy.House.gov/GovernmentAgencies
Serving & Honoring Our Veterans
I am proud that our region is home to one of the state’s largest population of veterans. My office assists constituents with veteran benefits, eligibility determinations, home loans and medal replacements.
- Learn more at KevinMcCarthy.House.gov/Veterans
- Veterans History Project: The annual nationwide Veterans History Project of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress is primarily an oral history program that collects and preserves the historic accounts of American war veterans through first-hand interviews, correspondence, and visual materials. I encourage all veterans to participate in this project so future generations can learn from these experiences.
Tours, Flags, Internships, Academy Nominations & More
- Tours: If you are planning a visit to Washington, my office can help set up tours of the U.S. Capitol, White House, Pentagon and more.
- Flags: U.S. flags may be purchased through my office and flown over the U.S. Capitol Building. Flags can be flown for anniversaries, birthdays, memorials, retirements, or other occasions. If you would like to order a flag, please fill out the Flag Request Order Form found on my website.
- Internship opportunities: Internship opportunities are available year-round to college-aged students both in my Bakersfield office and Washington, D.C., offices.
- U.S. Service Academy Nominations: Opportunities are available for high-school students who would like to attend one of the U.S. Service Academies.
- Art Competition: “An Artistic Discovery” is the annual nationwide Congressional High School Art Competition initiated by Members of Congress in their respective districts.
- Since the competition was first founded in 1981, nearly 4,500 local contests have been conducted that have involved more than 650,000 high school students.
- Each member of Congress brings the overall winning entry from their local district competitions back to Washington, D.C., to be displayed in the corridor leading to the United States Capitol for one year.
- The contest is open to all high school students in the 23rd Congressional District. Students who are interested in submitting artwork may contact Kati McKeown in the Bakersfield office.
- All entries must be submitted by April 19, 2013.
- Learn more at: KevinMcCarthy.House.gov/HelpCenter
LisListening to the Community
- Mobile Office Hours: Each month, a member of my staff is available to meet with you and discuss any questions or concerns you may have. If you live in Tulare County, please don't hesitate to contact my Bakersfield office to meet with my staff. Please visit my website to find out when mobile office hours will be coming closer to you.
- Email Me: Share your ideas and suggestions and sign up for E-Newsletter Updates by visiting the “Contact” tab of KevinMcCarthy.House.gov
- Contact my District Office:
4100 Empire Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93309
- Contact my Washington Office:
2421 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
As your Representative in Congress, I am committed to transparency, which is why you can find my entire voting record on my website. America’s best ideas are not in Washington. They come from people like you. I want to hear your solutions to our nation’s challenges – and your vision for the future. I look forward to serving as your Representative in the 113th Congress of the United States.
To find out more about me, what services my offices can help you with, or to register a comment or ask a question, please visit my website, www.KevinMcCarthy.House.gov, or call one of my offices.
Congressman Kevin McCarthy