In order to keep our community updated on the latest coronavirus developments, a new resource page has been added to my website. Though info will be added regularly, you can also get the latest news by following my Twitter account at @GOPLeader for daily coronavirus alerts. My Facebook page @RepKevinMcCarthy is another great way to stay connected.
Here are a few local resources to help you stay informed:
Vaccines: The State of California announced that individuals 16 years old and older will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine on April 15, 2021. Due to changing guidelines across counties, I encourage you to stay updated with the latest information, determine your eligibility, or register to receive a vaccination by visiting the state-run system https://myturn.ca.gov/.
- On April 5th, 2021, the Kern County Department of Public Health announced that all Kern County residents 16 years old and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, effective immediately. For a map of all COVID-19 vaccination sites in Kern County, click here.
- For more information, call 661-321-3000 or visit Kern Public Health’s website at kernpublichealth.com.
Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles County is currently vaccinating eligible workers, individuals who are 50 years old and older, and individuals at higher risk due to an underlying health condition or disability. You can view eligibility here.
- For more information, call 833-540-0473 or visit Los Angeles County Public Health’s website here.
- Tulare County is currently vaccinating eligible workers, individuals who are 50 years old and older, and individuals at higher risk due to an underlying health condition or disability. You can view eligibility here.
- For more information, call 800-834-7121 or visit Tulare Public Health’s website.
FEMA Funeral Assistance
- FEMA will provide financial assistance to eligible entities for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
- On Monday, April 12th FEMA will begin accepting applications for Funeral Assistance through their dedicated call center. To apply, call: 844-684-6333. More information can be found here.